around 1840, the house was totally renovated in order to
adapt it to receiving tango guests from around the world. This was
an undertaking by the Banchero family who are closely involved with
tango and its many expressions.
The house is colonial in style, the arrangement of rooms being typical of its period, side by side in a row and all facing a patio, or, as in this case, a patio with a lush garden of plants and flowers.